About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! I am currently attending Luther College where I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to someday teach English as a Second Language in Costa Rica and hopefully other places as well.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Psychology of Education: The First Day...

On the first day of this class, I was so excited to finally be able to take an education class. I was ready to discuss educational practices with my peers and learn about what is necessary to become a teacher. Ever since my J-Term experience, I had been looking forward to this moment of my life.
I can honestly say that it definitely lived up to my expectations. I had been told that I would know by the end of the first week if I would like the class or not and I can honestly say I love it. I had not been accepting the class to dive so fast into such important issues but now I realize how important those issues are to the lives of teachers. I am also extremely excited about reading these books with our study groups. I have always been intrigued by the many books about education but I have never known where to look. Now I have a reading list that will probably last for at least the school year.
Another area of this course that I am excited for is the chance to work in these study groups. I am looking forward to meeting with people of my same interest area and being able to communicate our ideas about the text. I think this will be extremely helpful throughout the semester.

No comments: