About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! I am currently attending Luther College where I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to someday teach English as a Second Language in Costa Rica and hopefully other places as well.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lifelong Learning


The discussion on Monday night was one of the most valuable ways I have spent an hour of my life. Much like the past two weeks, the educational psychology sections had the opportunity to listen to professionals from the schools, asking questions and gaining valuable tools for our future careers as teachers. This past Monday night, that group of professionals included three teachers that would still be considered "new" to the field. Each having less than 10 years of experience, these individuals had only recently become an education professional and were still able to relate to many of the feelings my classmates and I share.
Not only were these professionals new teachers but they were also all Luther graduates. The most helpful part of their discussion was the answers to our questions that before we had never had the opportunity to ask others before. Questions ranging from "What do u wish you would have known the first day?" and "Did Luther prepare you?" Not only did they provide helpful answers for these questions but they also provided helpful responses to questions about No Child Left Behind and other issues facing teachers today. Overall, I found this lecture to be very helpful and I hope that the parents will provide as much valuable information as this group of teachers.

No comments: